Friday, April 22, 2011

Vintage lamp gets a HUGE makeover

If you are anything like me, you go through phases. I went through the mosaic phase, beaded jewelry, deco podging everything, etc. Of course my forte now is painting everything in site, but if I can add some zing, I am sure to do that too. For the longest time I was never a fan of fake flowers. They looked just that....FAKE and a bit cheesy. But these days they seem to look so real and designer stores such as Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, and Anthropologie are all using them. Seeing that the weather here still stinks, I have not been able to get my hands on fresh flowers from the yard. Hence my new addiction....fake flowers...go figure...Before showing you my newest project, here are most my recent ones using flowers from The Dollar Store...





Now onto my latest project with my new fake flower addiction...

I bought this vintage lamp at Goodwill for $3....With my favorite, EWW, gross lampshade!


I sprayed the base white and tore that nasty lampshade apart. I spent $3 on flowers and used my glue gun to attach them to the shade...

AHHH......much better!



Total cost was $7.

Just a couple more days to enter my Bubblegum Belles GIVEAWAY.


7 comments:

  1. Love the lampshade. I have some ugly ones myself and think I will do the same with them. Thanks for sharing. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!! So pretty! I'm still looking for the perfect shade to rip up and make a chandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun!!! where is it going? i totally agree that fake flowers have come a long way, baby.
    i go through phases, too. my next one is going to be hollywood glam. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Lisa, you can do it all can't you. That wreath and lampshade are my favorite!!!
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Lisa! You are so creative.

    Happy Easter!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautifully creative, Lisa! Love them all!
    Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use to think that too. I thought fake flowers were lame but Ive seen some people make some very beautiful fake flowers. Those fake flowers I would really want in my own home. It may be fake but that didn't take away from the beauty of some fake flowers.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

shinarmountaindesign@gmail.com