Saturday, April 2, 2011

Flea market season begins.....

Tomorrow is the big day. Opening day for the Elephant's Trunk Flea Market that we vend at. This is our second year doing this. Although it is fun once we are there, the time leading up to and especially the day before can be a little stressful. I have to make sure everything is prepared. We pack the truck up the night before.

The thing that gets to us the most is lugging the big furniture. Plus, it takes up a lot of space in the truck taking away from selling the smaller stuff that sells easier. So, a new plan has been set into place. For the most part, I will sell my large pieces on Craigslist, then the other stuff such as chairs, lamps, mirror, side tables, etc. are going to go to my newest venue. A new shop in a very affluent town has contacted me and wants to sell my stuff. I will do an entire post on that another day, but I am very excited and looking forward to this opportunity. As for the flea market, I will still bring some of my smaller painted stuff, but we are adventuring into the world of wholesale fashion and accessories. Anything that can fit into stackable bins! We are starting with minimal stuff for the first couple of flea markets to see how it will do...If it takes off, I will order a lot more stuff....I am going to incorporate my style of paint design into the display pieces......

When the items arrived I felt like a kid on Christmas morning going through everything. For now, I am showing you the pictures of everything set up on my kitchen table. Tomorrow you will see the pictures of everything at the actual flea market....


The other day I got a rusted 3 tier wire basket at Goodwill for $1. I had to find a way to use this piece. I built a stand that will house chiffon hair clips, flower clips, and chiffon hair scrunchies.




Remember all of the glass jars and bottles I dug up the other day. I utilized 4 of the jars for the eyeliners I am selling. I wrapped twine around the necks to dress them up a bit.....

I used glass bowls and vintage sorbet bowls for some of the smaller accessories such as rings, bracelets, and earrings.





I purchased some green wire baskets at The Dollar Store for other items...





I LOVE the necklaces I will be selling. I built a structure to hang them from. My favorite is the shell pendant with painted roses.....



My favorite item of all are the chiffon hair clips with polka dots....So eclectic and whimsical....


Seeing that I make signs for everyone else, I figured I should have one for myself.


Last but not least, the truck finally all loaded up. Of course we always end up doing it into the dark....UGH!


I've got to go pack up the cooler now and round up some last minute items. We will be pulling out of the driveway at 4:30 am. Don't worry, I will be taking play by play pictures of our day tomorrow...Until then....

18 comments:

  1. Looking forward to you next blogs and photos. Your back will thank you for changing your selling venues for the large/heavy furniture. It cuts down on the stress of setting up a flea.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cool!!!! I'm so excited for you guys and hope you sell sell sell!!! Can't wait to see pics :)
    xo - Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck, lisa!!! i will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you post next, oh and congrats on the new venue!!!! Good luck at the market!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck. Everything looks so cute in their containers, perfect to catch someones eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stuff looks great Lisa! Good luck at the show!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How exciting! All your things look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish the best of luck at your sell!!!! Selling is very stressful getting everything ready! Fun once the set up is over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the best Lisa!! have FUN! sell sell sell!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! Hope you have a great day tomorrow!! And congrats on the new opportunity! can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks great!!! Suggestion...An old lamp shade with character with the fabric ripped off, hung from something makes a great jewelry display for necklaces or bracelets. Unique, looks great, not easy to walk off with your oh, so, great products!!!
    Have a great sale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun! Everything looks great--you have it displayed so beautifully that will really attract people. Hope tomorrow's a big success.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fantastic it all looks great goodluck

    ReplyDelete
  14. OHMYGOODNESS ..... You are unbelievable! You've got it going in every direction! I can't wait to see photos of your flea market setup and GOOD LUCK in all your ventures! It's very exciting! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. My mom and I used to do craft fairs together..boy they are a lot of work but we have a ton of memories and we still laugh at some of our adventures! Can't wait to see more pics..everthing looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun! Everything is adorable. I love that turquoise sign (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the different colors you have for the hair scrunchies. I also love the necklaces. They are really nice.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

shinarmountaindesign@gmail.com