Monday, December 27, 2010

Eclectic chic bathroom makeover

A few years back we gutted and renovated our very dated bathroom from the 60's. Although it was new, I was never pleased with how I decorated it. I think I painted it 5 different times. Finally, I decided to go with a sea foam color and do pinstripes. I also purchased a shower curtain from Urban Outfitters that I LOVED.

Many of you saw this makeover on my previous blog that went "poof" :( , but I wanted to have it documented again. In addition, I have added more decor since then.





On the wall I have just shown, you can see the newest wall art I created yesterday and posted about HERE


This is the magazine rack I made from the side rail of a vintage crib. It hangs from chains....



An antique sap bucket I painted is the trash can....


Then there is my shower curtain from Urban Outfitters that I splurged on seeing that I get 99% of all my other decor at thrift stores....



The sink I have is a console sink. Although I love the look of it, I do not recommend one. I have learned the hard way that they are very impractical.


The bucket art was purchased from IKEA. It was black, so I sprayed it white to go with my decor.


I reupholstered the stool top with burlap and painted a fleur de lis on it....



I have a bit of an OCD with bath towels showing....So, I hung a couple of hooks on the back of the door...




We did a bead board ceiling. Unlike all of the others that we are painting white, we opted to leave the natural wood on this one...


Take care,
Lisa
Linking here:

Making The World Cuter
Between Naps on the Porch
It's so Very Cheri
Bella Before and After
Paisley Passions
The Lettered Cottage

17 comments:

  1. Hi, I was wondering what happened to you. I found your link through Jane's Junk and Treasures. I found her through your old blog. She's got great style to!! Too funny!! I'm really sorry to hear about what happened to your blog. I'm glad that your are back on. I love your new bathroom!! I just became a follower of your blog again. I would love to have you follow mine to. wwww.johnniesjunk.blogspot.com Best Wishes, Johnnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOSH!!! Lisa this bathroom is beautiful! I'm so glad you have bounced back from your site going down. I have to figure out how to back mine up. Your new site is VERY pretty & I'm following again. Good to see you! JenT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love so many things about this room... the stool is gorgeous! I love how unique it is - I'm in the process of recovering two chairs (just the seats) and I believe I'm going to go with old burlap sacks.

    P.S. Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great redo, I too remember your old blog, the name was so familiar, but when I saw only 50 followers, and only a few posts I was a bit confused, and then I read what happened. YIKES,,, that's all I can say, totally sucks. !!!!

    Your bathroom is beautiful though, and I love the magazine rack, so much. I agree those sinks are totally not practical for us with kids especially that need storage, he he.

    Lisa, I followed you again girl, and hope you get all your followers back soon, :)

    Would you come link up this beautiful bathroom, at my weekly party **Amaze me August** I would really LOVE to have you.

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the plants and the ceiling! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of the IKEA buckets. Painting them makes them fit in perfectly! Thanks for the great how-to on the window picture. The shower curtain was totally worth the splurge. The colors in the bathroom as so calm. You are so very talented and love following you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ceiling!!! WOW!

    Hey Johnnies Junk found you from my site! She is so cute, she does everything, sewing, cooking, crafting......
    DId you see her new house!?

    So now that the bathroom is done, your son's room is done....what's next??

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT makeover!!! Love it! Thanks for sharing on Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your bathroom and your creativity. P.S. I found you on Graphics Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lisa, I just had to tell you that I FEATURED you today, I loved that magazine rack so much.

    I also left a quick note to all my readers, about how you lost your blog, and had to start over, I hope it helps, A BIT,,, :)

    So come grab yourself a FEATURED button girl, and display it proudly.

    Oh, and just in case you missed it, I am having a giveaway at my blog for 3 FREE months ad space, just thought you and your ETSY shop would want to know (hint hint), come enter, he he. I would LOVE to have you...

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definite funky junk traits in this room, Lisa. I'm still swooning over that magazine rack. The wall art is so cool too!

    Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful as always, I am in love with the magazine rack. Def on the look out for something like that. Hope you want mind a little copying.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! amazing! Where on earth did you find your shower curtain? It is sooo stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet little bathroom! Love the magazine rack the most. I am drooling over that shower curtain too!

    Laura

    http://lauranell.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the repurposing! The photo of the children would look great on our Fiskateers site..we bleed 'Orange'! Looking forward to more of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You painted it five different times. That's a lot of paint jobs. No matter how much you paint though like you've discovered you'll still be unhappy. You need to make the room exactly the way you want it. Covering it up with some paint is not a solid solution.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

shinarmountaindesign@gmail.com