Monday, April 4, 2011

Vintage cabinet with chicken wire

Years ago I bought a very decrepit cabinet at a tag sale for $1. The glass doors were broken, and it had no back. It did have a glass knob though. So I figured that even if I couldn't do anything with the cabinet, the knob alone was worth more than the dollar I paid. Therefore, I snagged it right up.

I brought it home, put chicken wire on the doors, added a bead board back, and painted it. The color I chose was red to match my bathroom. It's one of those things that never got hung and sat and sat and.......(you get the picture).



Since the color scheme in the bathroom has since changed, I decided this would be the perfect piece to hang in my family room. I painted it the same butter cream color I used on the headboard I shared in a post the other day.

Although I loved the red, I am still very happy with the new color I chose.



I displayed some of the glass bottles and jars I found the other day. I tied twine around the necks to add some shabby appeal.






Congratulations to Jenny from Crossing the Bugger Dixon Line for winning my 11th Etsy seller giveaway from Pixie Pixels.



Linking to THESE parties

24 comments:

  1. Oooh I love it in the new color:) It looks great with your bottles in it. You are so artistic! I am having a give-a-way on my blog:)
    ~Debra XXX
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cream is much better, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! You have such a gift for finding things and making them so nice!

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little cabinet!!!
    Hey, that Jenny is a lucky gal, she won the giveaway a while back on my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cupboard, love the paint and chicken wire.
    -Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I really like the butter color you went with. The cabinet looks perfect with the glass bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Lisa, I am cracking up! Have you seen my latest post? Looks like we were doing nearly identical projects this weekend! I also re-painted a old cabinet with chicken wire in a creamy white paint, with glass knobs. Drop by and take a look! Yours is a beauty by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh jenny, you are so lucky! now i think i may need to order one. sigh.
    and i love that cabinet! it's adorable and so perfect in there- i also love it against that awesome wall color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet piece, and a great deal too! I love the chicken wire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it. I found some chicken wire in hubbies shop while snooping this week-end and wondered what I could do with it, now I know. I just have to find a cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa,
    Love the new color. The bottle find is awesome!

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I like it very much! Very much! ~ Tami

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love this cabinet! Gorgeous!! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the color change Lisa and you know I love the chicken wire. You have that cabinet looking right smart and fabulous!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh how I love little cupboards! Yours is sweet in either color! Love the bead board in the back!!! Great find found a new place to dwell!!!!

    xo
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  16. This turned out so great!!! Love the look of the chicken wire too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the red, but the white looks great too, Basically you can do no wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. love it! i have a party that goes from tues-thurs, i would love it if you shared this. http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2011/04/anything-goes-party-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am trying to put chicken wire behind my glass door cabinets. How did you get your chicken wire attached? I've tried hot glue and velcro with no luck. Please help!!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Derrick

    Hi Derrick...I tried to reply to you via email, but you have a no reply email. Hopefully you will check back here to see the answer to your question.

    A good ol' staple gun is how I attach the wire. If you don't have one, you can get a relatively inexpensive one and it is something you will use all the time once you have it...

    Have a great day...

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still though for a dollar you can't go wrong. If it didn't work out you would have firewood.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

shinarmountaindesign@gmail.com