Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The story of a vintage trunk

Although I love to paint and re-do vintage pieces, I do like a
"good story" behind a piece too.

My father found yet another great and free piece for me. It is an old footlocker trunk. I was going to paint it up really cute, but the history and originality of the piece drew me in and I have decided to keep it as is.







Remeber back in the day when states were abbreviated with 3 or 4 letters rather than the 2 we use now. I totally for got that CT used to be Conn. Love that the address was handpainted on the top of the trunk and shipped like this.....

9 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful trunk just the way it is and I'm glad you are leaving it instead of painting it. Some things are historically valued as they are. A wonderful piece of history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cool and you made the right call to keep as is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trunk is amazing. I love the lettering. I am glad that you didn't change anything. It will be an interesting piece in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you left it as is--I love the stories that come with old things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO SO SO SO COOL!!!! Definitely best left alone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good call! It is great original.
    ~Debra xxx
    capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has such semental value to you. You probably want to leave it as is.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

shinarmountaindesign@gmail.com