Sunday, May 15, 2011

One of a kind flower planters...and info about my new linky party

A few days ago, I asked my readers to share their take on unique planters. I had shared a few with you HERE.

Here is what I came up with today....


I used a vintage tiered hanging fruit basket. I pulled moss off a rock and lined the base and sides of each basket. Next I planted some jade in each one. Finally. I took two of my grandmother's antique tea cups and added fresh flowers.




Here is what Debra at Capers of the Vintage Vixens had to share:

Her first awesome photo shows annuals planted in a chicken feeder. Sooo much better than your typical window or ledge box.


Then my favorite one she submitted is using this fountain as a planter. How gorgeous is this!!



Next, we have the sweet Carol from B&B in Progress:

You've got to love her first picture because it is something so typical around most of our houses. Something broken that will most likely never get fixed, so we adapt. She has a hole in one of her stone walls. She made a great compromise. She planted some hens and chicks in it....


And what does Carol do with a vintage child's watering can? She uses it as....you guessed it....a planter:


And last but not least, a minnow pail:


Heather from The Black's Best is sharing a tool box that every woman would want to own. She shares the transformation on her blog. I am especially loving the color combos she chose:


Roeshel at The DIY Show Off has a great take on planters using beakers, flasks, and vintage pots and pans.





Lastly, I'd like to introduce you to Monica from A Day in the Life of Trees.

She scored an amazing vintage bike. She attached a vintage strainer to the back. Petunias and Purslane were added to the front and back. What a great conversation piece!


She also uses enamelware pots staged on a vintage ladder. I love the eclectic appeal.


Thanks so much to those who shared their amazing ideas with us! I can't wait to incorporate some of these into my own decor....

I am soooo excited to share with you that I will be starting a linky party on Monday. "Meet Me on Monday" #1 will start tomorrow. Each week will be a new theme which I will share with you in advance. This weeks theme will be vintage or DIY light fixtures.

Last day to enter my Etsy seller GIVEAWAY for 6 foot tulle garland.


16 comments:

  1. Love these ideas Lisa! Your little cups are darling:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas I love them - especially the vintage bike and the chicken feeder. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using unconventional ways to display flowers. Cute ideas! I have a thing for old bicycle baskets filled with flowers. I really like your vintage fruit basket planter, too. CUTE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing my fun little tool box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! All of those platers are super cool! Inspiration for this black thumb for sure!!! Hey - does my bird-a-lier count as a light fixture???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of great ideas here and at your other post. I love unique things! SO cool! My latest unique planter are some aluminum pots I found (http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-thrifty-finds.html). I have another cool one too (I'll have to send you a photo for your collection as soon as the counter is cleared of junk and I can get a picture. lol Kitchen remodel is such chaos.)

    Have a great week, Lisa!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever & fun !
    Thank you for sharing the creativity !

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your hanging pot with the teacups! so cool!!!! and i have so many enamel pots i should make into planters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that was so much fun! How creative these ladies are. I got some great ideas for my own yard;)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talk about lots of great ideas! There is definitely creativity in the ranks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooooh, so many cute & adorable ways to plant. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that fountain planter. I have an old fountain that gets stopped up too often and have used it as a planter. They are very pretty with the decorative element on top, aren't they? On Saturday, my dad dug mine out from under the house, so I hope to find a way to use it soon.

    Loving the fruit basket tiered flower pot you made too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the great ideas!! I am a gardener first and foremost, so I love seeing the unique ways to plant....I wish I had a stone wall with a stone missing. Actually, I wish I had a stone wall. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, I missed the link party! Shoot. I love, love, love those planters. The tea cups are soooo cute. Since I haven't started any of my outdoor planting, this will help me out so much! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always think of the flowers as the form of art. Combining flowers together is creative. I never thought that the planters themselves could be a form of art.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

shinarmountaindesign@gmail.com