Thursday, May 12, 2011

Shabby chic yellow bookcase

I wish I was able to paint large hutches and dressers everyday. They are pieces with such huge impact and also bring in more money. But, seeing that is physically and financially impossible for me to do, I have fun with the smaller pieces too.

I picked up a white bookcase the other day at Goodwill for $4. Although in dire need of a paint job, it had great bones.


Randy found me a pretty pale yellow BM oops that will paint many more future projects too.....The project was quick and simple...






Don't forget to email me pictures of your unique flower planters. You can read more about that HERE.

7 comments:

  1. I love it!! I wish my local Goodwill stores had great deals like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! New follower :) found you at primitive & proper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job Lisa! I'm in love with yellow right now. Adore this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! i love how you have it staged, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO SO pretty! I'm definitely in a yellow mood :)
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you find these amazing deals?
    I love that bookshelf! I'm looking for one right now! That would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find that many bookshelf's are white. This is because bookshelf's are accepted by our society as white. The problem with this is it's generic and boring. The yellow tinted color that you painted into your bookshelf is exciting and fresh. It's way better then the boring white bookshelf color we usually see.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

shinarmountaindesign@gmail.com