A few years back I found an architectural piece from an old Victorian home at a tag sale. At the time, I had no idea what I would do with it. It had a price of $5 on it though, so I knew it would eventually go to good use. Since we are snowed in here in Connecticut today, I trudged out to the shed to get it....
Here it is what it looked like pre-project....
I knew I wanted to make some sort of wall shelf, so decided I needed to cut the top off in order for it to be flush.
Eventually I plan on adding a 1/2 circle board to the top as a shelf base. We didn't have anything large enough laying around though, so it will just have to wait. I took a wire brush and cleaned it up a bit. I left the original paint job because I didn't want to mess with the integrity of the originality of this piece. Here is what I came up with.....
The white brick you see in the background is a project I tackled a couple of months back. Once I change my mantle scape from Christmas to Winter, I will give the tutorial as to how I did this....
Making The World Cuter
Between Naps on the Porch
It's so Very Cheri
The DIY Club
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia