I was so excited when I found this vanity at Goodwill.
The problem was that it had some thick cardboard sticky contact paper on it. I should have just primed over it with Bin, but I decided to try to peel it off. What a mistake that was. There was so much glue and it was thick, and it just wasn't going to come off.
So I gave up and set the piece aside for about 2 months. I think I was secretly hoping that 2 months later the top would miraculously be good as new and ready to go...Didn't happen though.
Then I had a brainstorm. I was going to be throwing away an old headboard. I decided to use it to make a top for the vanity. It was thankfully a pretty simple fix.
I painted it white and distressed it. I am so pleased with the way it came out and relieved to be able to check this project off the list!